viernes, 15 de febrero de 2013

Shine bright like a diamond

Once again, it's been a while since I've updated you all. That New Year's resolution really doesn't seem to be going very well at all, but I guess it can't really get any worse so fingers crossed I get my arse into gear and start making time for my beloved blog.

The tone of this entry is going to be POSITIVE! Life is good and I have realised just how lucky I am. As you may know, it was my 21st birthday last week and to say that I wasn't looking forward to it is a slight understatement. Obviously living away at Uni, it wasn't my first birthday away from my family, but it was my first birthday away from the things (and people) that I know, love and treasure, particularly on my special day. But neither my life in England or my new life in Spain disappointed me, and my 21st was definitely something that I will never forget.



1) Family
No words can really explain how much love I have for my family. They're sneaky little plotters, but I truly love them for it. My parents organised to fly out to Spain the day before my birthday & then surprise me on the morning of my birthday.... I was totally oblivious to everything. I'd been keeping my fingers crossed that something like this would happen, but when the night before my birthday came I was totally heartbroken that they hadn't appeared. How everyone kept it a secret I will never know, but it was the best surprise that I could have had. My sister then flew out a little bit later to join us for a lovely few days, and it really topped off my birthday celebrations! Love ya famdem.



2) Friends
Both new and old, my friends had several surprises in store for me too. My housemate Lily definitely went above and beyond.... from organising everyone to come over at midnight to sing happy birthday to me, to making pink and blue pancakes, to decorating the house & to my incredible birthday video, I cannot thank her enough. My video messages from my friends at home were unbelievable, and naturally totes emosh - I've always been a weeper - and their cards & gifts only makes me miss them more! My new friends here in Vigo were equally amazing.... it comes as no surprise that they partied hard with me, but they really did all rise to the occasion, putting up with me tottering about in stupidly high heels (which obvs I lost), pouring shots down my throat, setting me challenges, and protecting me from creeps.... THANKYOU EVERYONE, YOU BABES.



This post seems to quickly be turning into me declaring my love for the amazing people in my life, but it's got to be done. Thanks to all of these incredible people I have had not only the best birthday, but a realisation of how much I love each and every one of them, and that I'm loved back! So it's fair to say that at the moment I'm on a bit of a high. Shining bright like a diamond baby.

Catherine x


And now a few photos of carnival celebrations, karaoke, tamborines & general life loving for you all to enjoy! TOMAHAWK BITCHESSSS







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario