domingo, 13 de enero de 2013

Oh heyyyy 2013!

Firstly, I want to apologise... it's been a while since I've written on here, mainly because I've been back in England and been a busy little bee. So I'm gunna try and do a brief catchup of what's been going down... This post is a little bit disjointed, but it will give you all an idea of what's going on. To start with; Christmas. I think this just about sums it up:



Santa hats & matching pyjamas, Christmas music on repeat, never-ending tins of mince pies & rocky road, family, prosecco, Newcastle, London, Articulate, my doggy, rain, Father Christmas, trains, happiness, saying goodbye to my Grandad, presents & Empress.



 

So all in all, a lovely few weeks back in the nest with my fam, and it really was a shame to come back to Spain. I know now I'm here again I will slip back into routine, I will be happy & enjoy myself again. This week I have been reunited with everyone, including a friend of mine from Sixth Form who has come out here to study, and also found out that my friend Tommy from Uni is coming to visit me in a few weeks.... it's already a a good start!! 




Being a New Year and all, I thought it was about time that I started thinking about my New Years Resolutions! There are quite a few things that I would like to change about myself and my life, but I thought I'd stick to the basics or the list would be far too long! These are a few of my resolutions for the beginning of 2013:


1) To speak more Spanish - I'm living in Spain, yet the vast majority of my friends are English speakers. I really need to make the most of being in this environment, and speak as much Spanish as I can! It's already been a productive week for this one, as I had my first intercambio with a lovely Spanish lady, and also have been to some Erasmus events and mingled with not only Spanish speakers, but Brazilians and French too! A good start!!


2) To continue to explore places in Galicia and the Northwest of Spain. We ticked Ourense, Santiago and Coruna off the list last year, but there is still a lot more to do.... Lugo, Baiona, Nigran, Ferrol.... AGAIN, we need to make the most of where we are and explore this crazy little region of Spain.


3) To go to Italy. This isn't so much of a resolution as a current obsession of mine.... I want to go to Rome and Florence so bad, it's killing me. I'm hoping that when I finish in Vigo I will have June free before I head off to Portugal in July. And the top of my list of places to visit in that time is Italy. I WILL DO IT!!


So there we have my 3 main resolutions. Clearly there are lots more little ones going on in my head, not only general resolutions but also personal ones too. Fingers crossed for 2013! I really do hope it's a fantastic year. Happy New Year everyone! May all your dreams, wishes and resolutions come true!



Catherine x

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario