jueves, 27 de diciembre de 2012

Christmas is the season...

Saturday 15th December - CHRISTMAS IN VIGO!!!

Following the success of Thanksgiving back in November (it seems so long ago now), myself and Lily decided to host Christmas dinner in our appartment. Not only did this mean 27 people rammed into our not-big-enough-for-27-people appartment, but also the challenge of cooking a 6 kilo turkey!



Our friend John, who we met in Coruna, came to stay for the weekend, which was not only great fun, but also meant that we had someone else to help us get everything ready. Our Christmas Day got off to a slightly rocky start after me & John got trapped between 2 floors in the lift, but after our rescue, the chaos began.... turkey basted and herbed up to the max was in the oven and ready for its 5 hour tanning sesh, the appartment was decorated and tidy. Now all that remained was for our guests to arrive.


In typical Vigo style, the wine, beer and champagne were flowing from the off (as well as Shlekky's standard Negrita). The turkey was being stubborn and took a little longer than expected, but finally all the food was ready and the feast could begin, probably a good thing as at this point most people were already pretty drunk.


The appartment was in chaos, filthy, and drinks were being spilt everywhere... this is definitely up there with some of the most stressful things that I have done everrr. So what did we do? Got so drunk that we forgot all of the mess, the food engrained in the floor, the stickiness of the kitchen tiles, the scattered shards of broken glass.... and just had an amazing time! 

 
Too many jelly shots, delicious turkey, Christmas songs, 8 litres of mulled wine, so much food I could have exploded, antlers, whisky and whipped cream, mince pies, a noise complaint... another one of my favourite days in Vigo, and many more happy (and possibly hazy) memories of my Year Abroad to add to the ever-growing collection. I  still can't quite believe that this is my life!


So it's back off to England for the Christmas break for me! I cannot wait for my Mum's mincepies, Christmas carols, cold weather, and seeing all of my lovely friends and family. A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys. More from me in the New Year!

Catherine x

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario