jueves, 8 de noviembre de 2012

Marry me Gaudi?


I always forget just how much I love Barcelona. The last time I went was when I was about 12 years old, with my family, and I remembered that I enjoyed it, but that was pretty much it. As soon as I arrived back in the city I was reminded why: warm Autumn afternoons, incredible architecture & an amazing atmosphere. 

Words cannot describe how excited I was to jet off to Spain's East Coast... Despite some horrendous turbulence and very nearly vomming on my flight, as soon as I landed I was absolutely buzzing for the weekend. I hadn't seen my best friend Nat since we left Uni back in June, and as soon as I saw her in the airport it was like we had never been apart. Of course, being girls we didn't stop talking the whole weekend, catching up on 4 months of gossip, drama and stupid stories, which was just what I needed!

If there's one thing I love, it's being a tourist in a big city. I am a sucker for exploring, and I could wander around aimlessly all day. On my first evening me & Nat decided to have a romantic meal in front of the Sagrada Familia complete with a litre of Sangria...what better way to start the weekend? We then met up with Tommy & Matt Bell for drinks and  headed out to the coolest, and probably most dangerous, shot bar that I have ever been to. I'm pretty sure 99% of the shots were on fire at some point. Needless to say, a very drunken night with the Architects, which was followed by Nat abandoning me with no money and no phone in the middle of Barcelona... at least it's a story to tell!




Nat's friend Charlee arrived on the Saturday, and we were determined not to waste the day. Our tour of Barca lead us to the Sagrada Familia again - I don't think I will ever get over how unique, ridiculous and beautiful it is - and then to Parc Guell to admire some more Gaudi. In the evening we went to the Magic Fountains to watch an impressive light show (what Spain does best), and then for another crazy night out in Barcelona.



100 Montaditos & Tinto de Verano on Sunday afternoon definitely made my hangover much more bearable. Despite being ridiculously tired, I was still loving every minute of my time in Barca. When Monday came round, I was totally gutted to be heading back to Vigo. I really had had the best time with everyone, and the thought of going back to work and leaving this beautiful Autumn day behind was pretty depressing. All I can say is... 
Until next time, Gaudi...





If you're still reading this I'm pretty impressed. I promise my next post won't be as long!!

Catherine x

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario