lunes, 4 de marzo de 2013

Resolutions


This week I've been thinking back on everything that has happened in my life so far in 2013, and oh maa gaaad it's whizzed by. As you will know from following my blog, or just from me telling you in person, I have had a pretty varied start to 2013: 

January was a pretty emotional month for me, returning to Vigo following the death of my Grandad, and then returning back to England again at the end of January for the funeral. It was hard for all of us, and I honestly can't remember the last time I cried as much in one day as I did on the day of the funeral. But in spite of such a horrible situation, again positivity shone through: my family was all united, standing strong together to do what we could to make the day as bearable as possible. I don't think that I have ever felt as close to my Mum's side of the family as I did in both the run-up to and the aftermath of my Grandad's death, and for me this can only be seen as a good thing. Even if it took such a monumental thing to bring us closer, I will never forget downing sloe gin in Church with my cousins or the sea of colour that stood out against the snow in the Churchyard.

But as I said, this year has been varied, so not all doom and gloom. I will also never forget my 21st birthday, and the efforts that everyone made for me. Anytime that I'm feeling a little bit shitty, or down about anything, all I need to do is take a little look at this and it reminds me of how lucky I am...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePYneDXS1Kk


Not only that, but I have also met some lovely people so far this year. I still miss all of my friends from home insane amounts, but pretty much each and every person that I have met here has made everything that little bit easier for me. From a glass of wine when we're feeling down, to Monday lunch club, to countless shots on Churruca, to weekly dates, to Love it or List it.... Vigo has been a blast. And I'm actually getting sad at the thought of leaving in a few months time. Regardless of whether or not I chose to be here, for 9 months at least, my life is here. And I genuinely have really enjoyed it. Yes, everyone has their bad days when they want to just run away, want to be somewhere it rains less, or want to be closer to their family and friends, and me as much as anyone... but really, I'm happy, and now more than ever. Things are looookinnnn guuuuurddd. Thankyoooou life.


However, there is also something equally important that I have really begun to truly appreciate this year, more than ever. And that is my family and my friends. I am so thankful to have such an amazing support network, namely my Mum, Dad and my Sister. My Mum in particular puts so much effort into making sure that we are all okay, trying to keep us all happy, sending me little parcels....and I really cannot thank her enough. This Sunday it is Mother's Day, and I'm sad that I can't be with my Mumma to celebrate and say thankyou for everything that she does. But one thing I do know is that she knows how much we appreciate it: this year more than ever I have been trying to show her how much I care in different ways. I have a massive weakness that I find it difficult to show those people most important to me how much I love and appreciate them, and I really want to change that. So thinking back to New Years resolutions, things that I wanted to change about myself..... I have a correction to make, and this is it. I want to make an effort to show those who I love just how much they mean to me, and how happy I am to have them in my life. 


If you made it this far through my rant, well done. I promise next time I will try and keep it short and sweet. 

Catherine x

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario