martes, 4 de diciembre de 2012

Popping my Thanksgiving cherry...

So November brought another first for me: my First Thanksgiving. 
I was super excited to experience it, as obviously in England we never celebrate it, and I didn't really know much about it. I think my school got a little bit confused, as on Thanksgiving Day itself they were all hugging me and wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving, talking about how much I must be missing my family...no matter how many times I explained that we don't celebrate it, by the 4th time I decided to embrace it, as it was the easiest thing to do. So from now on, I'm American, and Thanksgiving is a massive deal for me!

Enjoying our Thanksgiving dinner at the Americans'

On Saturday 24th, the American girls bravely hosted Thanksgiving dinner at their appartment. The majority of people had offered to make things to take for the dinner, which worked out really well. Not really sure why, but I volunteered to make chocolate pie, which at the time seemed like an amazing idea. Actually, I had no idea how to make it, so that was interesting in itself. I spent the Friday evening baking, and I was pleasantly surprised with the result! This is the recipe I used http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1539642/chocolate-pie and this is how it turned out

 Work in progress: Chocolate Pie

One of 3 Chocolate Pies that I made

So we all arrived, weighed down with food and alcohol, ready for a chilled day of eating and drinking with our Vigo family. The girls dealt with the turkey, which was really yummy (and expertly carved by Shlekky). I also tried lots of things for the first time including sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pie, both of which were also delicious. By the time I had finished everything on my plate, I was completely stuffed, but also very contented. I had such a nice day with everyone, and it was definitely my favourite day since I have been here. I feel so lucky to have met such amazing people here in Spain, many of whom I do consider as Spanish family.


Many of you have commented on the lack of ridiculous stories on my blog, when you all know what I'm like, so this next part is for you! I learnt a very valuable lesson from Thanksgiving...over 12 hours of drinking is never a good idea for me. I genuinely don't think I could count how much I had...I think the 2nd trip to the supermarket for cava and vodka was the beginning of my downfall. 



Needless to say, I don't remember leaving the girls' appartment, heading into town, and partying on down at the Boom Boom Room. However, I do have 2 very clear memories from the night 1) Shlekky and Callie gettin' it awwwwn and 2) shots of black vodka & lime. How I made it home, we will never know...

Drunken Thanksgiving beauts loving life in the Boom Boom Room

Catherine x

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario